Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Church Team A vs Church Team B

So tonight our 2 church softball teams are playing against each other. They do this every year after the season. Hopefully James' team will win. They had a better season then what the other team did. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter who wins. It's all fun and games! Then we go to a team mates house and grill burgers and what not. Sure is a fun time! We plan on bringing Faith to the game but then my parents will be watching her afterwards.
My parents went to my grandpa's house last night to get some of their things and my dad wanted to see Faith as he was having withdraws, so they stopped by for a minute. Then this morning he came over to pack up what was in our garage and the first thing he asked me was "Where's Faith?" She was still sleeping in her crib so he went in and saw her. He is just so in love with her. I never thought my dad would be so infatuated (i think i spelled that correctly...) with her. It's soooooooooooooooo adorable! He's excited to see her tonight too. As is my mom. She is just as obsessed as he is. I don't think my parents have really gone more than a day without seeing her. At least my mom hasn't. Which James and I appreciate. We want them involved in as much of her life as possible. We know that my parents will lead a Christian life and show her how to live one and show her what being a true Christian is all about. Since we are so close to my parents we know that their faith is true and pure and that is what we want her to witness. And it helps that we all go to the same church and have the same beliefs.
We got word that James is for sure going to Wisconsin. He leaves Monday, will be home during the weekend and then back working there again the next week. Hopefully they will get the job done in 2 weeks so he won't have to go back for a 3rd week. Faith and I will spend our time at my parents house. Have to figure something out for my cats. Might have my dad feed them in the morning and I'll come over in the evening and feed them. Plus then I can get the mail and do a few things at home and pick up more things if need be for Faith and/or I. I have thought about taking a road trip to visit some friends but not sure I want to do that alone with Faith. That would be a long trip in the car with her. We'll see though.
Well, Faith is starting to fuss so I gotta go!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

yeah I agree, it would be a long trip...I remember traveling with Cheyenne when she was that small, and it was tough. So I totally understand if you don't come. but I still want you to!!! :) but you are a mommy now, the kids gotta come first, and let me tell you, sometimes that sucks!! :)