Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wow...

...time sure does fly! Here it is Thursday and I haven't posted since Monday! We have been keeping busy this week. James had Cadets Monday night and it was their Christmas party. James got some yummy poppyseed bread. Sure was good. Tuesday James got out of work at a decent time and I ran out for a bit to do some shopping before coming home and making dinner and then our friends came over in the evening. Yesterday and today I hung out with a good friend. Last night we had them over for dinner and then us gals went shopping and then we went shopping again today! I got all my Christmas shopping done. Now I just have to wrap it all. That is the one thing I don't like about buying gifts...wrapping them! I am a horrible wrapper! That is why I am so thankful for gift bags. But I am actually going to try and wrap all my gifts this year. It's more fun to open gifts that are wrapped then getting them out of a gift bag. Don't get me wrong though...getting any gift is fun! :)
Faith is doing good. She's been doing really well on bottles and yesterday did really well on her cereal. I was impressed with how well she did! Although the past 2 nights she has decided it's fun to wake up and not go back to sleeep. I'm hoping tonight she sleeps the whole night. But if not, that's ok too. Gotta roll with the punches! She's also got this rash on her face that she woke up with yesterday. I've done research on it and it seems to just be a face rash and is caused by drooling (which she does a LOT of!!). Should go away on it's own in a few weeks. Totally normal for a baby. Faith has her 6 month doctor appointment next week and I'm gonna ask her, just to make sure. But I'm not too worried at this point about it.
We are happy to hear that Bob (James oldest brother) is home for Christmas from Afghanistan. I think he will be home for about 2 weeks. So glad that his kids are able to see him and spend time with him. It's been 6 months since they've seen him. And also happy that Bob and Susie can spend time together too. Sure will be nice for them to be together as a family for Christmas for them!
James and I are looking forward to spending Christmas this year with Faith. We are bummed as we don't have a lot of extra money to get her a bunch of things but we did get her an adorable little dress. (Good thing she can't read as she's sitting in my lap as I write this!!!) I can't wait for her to wear it. I think we'll have her open it Christmas morning when it's just James and I with her. We have lots of plans for Christmas this year. This Saturday we're going to be at my parents house with my brother and his wife and their 2 boys (foreign exchange students) and then on the Christmas Eve James parents and gma Bosma are coming over and then on Christmas Day we are going to my parents house again to celebrate with my mom's side of the family. Sure will be good times!
Not sure that I will be posting again until after Christmas so we want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments: