Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Enjoying Our 4-Day Weekend

We had a GREAT weekend! James didn't have to work Friday or Monday so we enjoyed a nice 4-day weekend. Was so nice to be able to have nice solid family time. On Friday we just hung low. Didn't do much of anything. Saturday we cleaned out the gutters, cut down some more of the tree that got stuck by lightening back in July, and also cleaned out the garage. Faith slept thru most of that but once she was up, she enjoyed being outside with us. She just loves the outdoors! Sunday we went to my parents house for lunch as my brother was in town. We spent all afternoon and evening there. We arrived home just in time to put Faith to bed. We were also able to visit with some friends that were in town. Was so great to see them and meet their new addition to the family!! Monday we went to my parents house again for lunch and then we went out to my aunt's house to spend time with the horses. That was wonderful! I brought out my saddle and tried it on one of the horses and then we sat Faith up on the horse. She enjoyed it. I have big plans for her and horses. She's going to be my barrel racing gal! One just never knows! In the evening we had a nice visit with James's parents. Faith was getting cranky a little bit so I felt bad that she cried occasionally but I think I know why. Not only was she tired last night, but also not feeling well. She woke up all stuffed up and snot running down her face. So my poor precious peanut has a bad cold! We had a rough night. She kept on waking up as she couldn't breath. No temp though so that's good.
Overall our weekend was good. Went by too quickly though. Which always happens! We hope that everyone had a good weekend as well.

Faith enjoying being outside on Sat with us
Faith on Rocky (looks natural doesn't it?!?!)




1 comment:

shannagrigoletti said...

ooh no, I am sorry, we probably gave faith her cold. Dakota has been batteling it since Monday. She had a fever yesterday, but seems to be doing okay today. Sorry :)