Friday, June 1, 2007

ER Trip #2 For The Week

Still been battling with stomach cramps and tightness and I had noticed that the more I move around, the worse the pain got. It was nice the past 2 days as I had them off from work but by the time I arrived at work this morning, I was miserable. I thought I could work thru it but it just kept getting worse. So I called my doctor's office and talked to the nurse there who then talked to the doctor and they told me to go back to OB Triage at the ER. So I told my boss and I called James and he met me at home and then off we went. The doc at the hospital wasn't really sure how to treat my symtoms. She called me a "mystery". She said the baby is fine, not in any distress. I wasn't having contactions (thankfully!!) and she could feel how hard my stomach was. They looked at the report from when I was there on Tuesday and they also had some more results from tests from that night. Come to find out, I have a UTI. Doctor isn't sure that that's causing my pain but is treating me for that and hopefully it will help. She said that when you're pregnant, pain radiates everywhere so sometimes it's hard to know exactly where the pain is coming from. Could also just be my body adjusting to her growing as the doc said she's a big baby! So I have to rest, rest, rest! Oh, and of course, drink LOTS of fluids! I'm not on official bed rest yet and I'm praying it doesn't come to that but the more I just relax and lay down, the better I feel. So hopefully this weekend I can just do nothing and by Monday I'll feel better to return to work. I see my OB doc on Wednesday so hopefully it will all be resolved by then. And if not, who knows what's next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take it easy girl! You gotta keep that baby comfy for 2 more months. We'll be praying for you. Hugs.