Thursday, June 14, 2007

Faith Marie

Wanted to annouce that James and I welcomed our daughter, Faith Marie, Wednesday June 13 at 10:05pm. My water broke yesterday at 3pm, called my doc's office who then told me to go to ER. Called James and he came home from work and took me in. My parents met us at the hospital. Contractions started around 5:30ish or so. The docs and nurses were trying to stop them, but didn't work. By 9pm I was dilated to 2cm and then when I was checked again at 9:40ish, I was fully dialated and ready to push. All the doc has to say is "delievery" and people came from all over, lights started coming from the ceiling, bed came apart......good grief! She sure came fast and furious! We weren't able to hold her for a couple hours after she was born. They had to put her in neonatal and do their thing. Plus I had to get cleaned up and eat dinner before they would let me go. So about 12:30AM we got to hold her and see her. Sure was great! I will be in the hospital until tomorrow. Faith will be in the neonatal unit for about a month. They want to make sure she will thrive on her own first. But so far she is doing good. She weighed 4 pounds 6 oz, 16.9" long. Head full of dark hair! People say she looks like me but it's so hard to say. I think she looks like herself! I will post pics as soon as I can figure it out. I will keep everyone updated on things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for your family. We will be praying for you and James and Baby Faith!
Love, Jeremy and Tracy (and fam)